Some patients who are receiving long term medication may be authorised by the doctors to have a repeat prescription. The left hand sheet of the prescription is used by the chemist to dispense the medication. The right hand sheet (request slip) is retained by the patient and used when medication is next required.
To request a repeat prescription :
- Place your request slip in the box in reception indicating clearly which items you require. If you supply a stamped addressed envelope your prescription will be posted back to you. (Please allow extra time for posting)
- Some chemists provide a prescription collection service and will dispense your medication ready for collection. Please arrange this directly with the pharmacy.
- You can use our online appointment system to order medication. Please contact the surgery for a username and password: You will need to show ID at the reception desk to be given your log-in details. We are unable to do it over the phone.
- Fax details of you request to 01908 295657 – please give all details as above
- Please do not try to order your medication online more than 7 days in advance as the system will not allow this to be processed.
Some chemists will also deliver to your home.
Please give at least 2 working days notice for the prescription to be ready at reception and longer if you require the pharmacy to collect it.
We do not take repeat prescription requests over the telephone.
Electronic Prescriptions are Changing